There are so many opportunties for those looking to serve here at Faith Family. Volunteer teams allow you to love others sacrificially using your time, talents and skills. Read about the various teams and roles offered at FFBC and discover where you will plug in!
Greeters are the face and mobile information booths of FFBC. Those on this team stand in the church lobby, or under the porte cochere, and greet people as they enter the church. This involves moving towards the person, extending your hand, and saying “Welcome to Faith Family! I’m (fill in your name here).” This team is also responsible for directing visitors to various areas of the church (e.g. preschool, children’s, Adult Bible studies, or restrooms). The most important part of this role is making people feel welcome and informed while they are on our campus.
Ushers are men of FFBC who help people to their seats, distribute Visitor Cards to guests, and collect tithes and offerings at the end of services. Ushers also serve by distributing bread and juice during the quarterly observation of the Lord’s Supper.
Faith Café Team Member
Those who serve on this team greet and serve Sunday morning guests as they purchase drinks and breakfast items prior to Sunday School classes and worship services. This will involve some light preparation (e.g. making coffee, stocking refrigerator, stocking pastry bin, etc.) and light clean up (e.g. wiping down tables, washing containers, etc.). The most important parts of this job are being dependable to show up and making people feel welcome!
Baptism Team Member
This team is responsible for the logestics of Baptism day at FFBC. This team works to set up the baptistry area in preparation for baptism.
Various roles include:
- Assitance for baptismal candiates entering and exiting the water
- Greeting the newly baptized (and wet) person with a smile and a towel
- Carrying dry towels/robes to the baptistry before baptisms begin
- Assitaning the FFBC Pastor(s) with towels after baptism.
- Washing and drying towels using the church washer and dryer
Adult Bible Study Leader
Adult Bible Study Leaders prepare and teach a weekly Sunday morning Bible study lesson to adults in a small group (10-30 people) setting. Those in this role also oversee the attendance recording, fellowship, encouragement, and class member care aspects. This is more than a teaching role. This is a leadership role at FFBC.
Student Ministry Leadership Team
Student Ministry Leaders provide opportunities for the junior high and high school students of FFBC to meet together in prayer, worship, Bible study, and fellowship. There are two primary roles for those intersted in joining this team:
Small Group Leader responsibilities include:
- Preparing and teaching a weekly Sunday morning bible study lesson for student small groups
- Pursuing and building discipleship relationships with students
- Participating in various events of the Student Ministry
Support Team responsibilities include:
- Assisting Small Group Leaders with small group administration (taking attendance, contacting parents, maintaining updated student information)
- Preperation and set up for various events and weekly services
- Planning and cordinating student ministry activities under the direction of the Student Ministry Leader
- General assistance to help advance ministry to students at FFBC
Farrington Mission Volunteer
The Farrington Mission Serve Team volunteers every 3rd monday in the 5th Ward of Houston (3625 Gager St, Houston, TX 77093). This team is open to all ages. Volunteers have the opportunity to serve in some of the following capactities:
- Stocking the clothes or food pantry on Monday mornings (10 AM-12 PM)
- Distributing food and clothes to Farrington Clients Monday nights (5:30-8:30PM)
- Face-to-Face Evangelism and prayer
- Administration and electronic assistance
Faith Factory (Preschool Volunteer )
Teachers and Caregivers for Faith Factory make the most of every opportunity to show preschoolers the love of Christ and point them to the knowledge of God. Faith Factory has many operating times, each of which requires a team of volunteers to care for our littles. Roles and responsibilites include front desk/check-in helpers, bible study teachers, assistant teachers, and various others roles for the caring of Birth-K5.
- Sundays 9:15am
- Sundays 10:30am
- Wednesdays 6:30pm
Facility Team Member
Those on this team assist with various building and grounds tasks that might include light electrical work, plumbing work, flooring installation, interior painting, light remodeling, landscaping, tree pruning, moving furniture or equipment, golf cart maintenance and repair, and other small to medium-sized projects.
Tech and Media Team
There are multiple opportunities to serve from setting up slides for lyrics or sermon notes, to running lights and sound. We also offer other options during the week in service prep (lighting cues - stage design) and opportunities to serve via the web. We have website updates, online calendars and service planning to get music and information out to all of our volunteers.